От Грозный Ответить на сообщение
К All Ответить по почте
Дата 26.01.2016 22:29:37 Найти в дереве
Рубрики Современность; Спецслужбы; Локальные конфликты; Версия для печати

Детальная статья в Нью-Йорк Таймс про финансирование сирийской оппозиции

Саудитами через ЦРУ, как продолжение давней традиции 80-х:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/world/middleeast/us-relies-heavily-on-saudi-money-to-support-syrian-rebels.html

С подробностями - оружие покупали в основном в Вост. Европе и в частности - у Хорватии в 2012-м:

The Saudi efforts were led by the flamboyant Prince Bandar bin Sultan, at the time the intelligence chief, who directed Saudi spies to buy thousands of AK-47s and millions of rounds of ammunition in Eastern Europe for the Syrian rebels. The C.I.A. helped arrange some of the arms purchases for the Saudis, including a large deal in Croatia in 2012.

Что как бы давно инсинуировалось, но тут подтверждают со ссылкой на бывших сотрудников ЦРУ (аналитик ЦРУ Брюс Ридел, ныне сотрудник Ин-та Брукин):

While the Saudis have financed previous C.I.A. missions with no strings attached, the money for Syria comes with expectations, current and former officials said. “They want a seat at the table, and a say in what the agenda of the table is going to be,” said Bruce Riedel, a former C.I.A. analyst and now a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

Конгрессмен Вайден интересовался в конгрессе, почему ЦРУ не хватает своих денег, но с газетой отказался разговаривать :

While the Obama administration saw this coalition as a selling point in Congress, some, including Senator Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat, raised questions about why the C.I.A. needed Saudi money for the operation, according to one former American official. Mr. Wyden declined to be interviewed, but his office released a statement calling for more transparency. “Senior officials have said publicly that the U.S. is trying to build up the battlefield capabilities of the anti-Assad opposition, but they haven’t provided the public with details about how this is being done, which U.S. agencies are involved, or which foreign partners those agencies are working with,” the statement said.

Иордания, Катар и Турция также дают деньги (как утверждает "Нью-Йорк Таймс"):

The White House has embraced the covert financing from Saudi Arabia — and from Qatar, Jordan and Turkey — at a time when Mr. Obama has pushed gulf nations to take a greater security role in the region.

===> dic duc fac <===