От Mike Ответить на сообщение
К All Ответить по почте
Дата 17.11.2000 20:32:30 Найти в дереве
Рубрики Современность; Версия для печати

Как некотрые американцы хотят помочь нашей торговле вооружением.

И как вы думаете, зачем покупателям нужны такие выкрутасы? А у нас дешево и без дополнительных запросов! :)

SALE OF SIKORSKY CH-53E HELICOPTERS
The sale of 8 Sikorsky CH-53E type helicopters, equalling 350 million US dollars which Turkey planned to purchase from the US, was hindered in the State by the Cyprus problem. The Democratic Senator from Delaware, Joseph Biden, explained the reason for declining the sale of these helicopters saying, "During Turkish Prime Minister Bulent Ecevit's visit to Washington in October 1999, I asked him when the Cyprus problem would be solved. He replied that this problem was solved in 1974. Then I told him that as long as Turkey continues in this manner concerning the issue, I will not support Turkey." The agreement of the helicopter sale between Turkey and Sikorsky Company, was signed in June. The helicopters to be produced by the company were expected to be delivered to Turkey in 2003. Now Senator Biden's objection to the sale of this helicopter has caused a postponement in the export licence. /Milliyet/