От realswat Ответить на сообщение
К realswat
Дата 11.10.2013 15:24:43 Найти в дереве
Рубрики WWII; Флот; Версия для печати

Re: Линкоры vs...

Вот, собственно, ещё один интересный пассаж:

Then I was thinking about Nimitz. How do you stop his advance? Why did he wish to save his battleships for his offensive if they were so obsolete? What do they contribute? The principle I came up with is sea control. When presented in mass how do you move 6-7 battleships and their support fleet out and force their withdraw? Pre-war the carriers were intended to support the battle fleet and fundamentally both are mutually supporting each other in that the fighters provide distant air cover and the anti-aircraft guns provide close cover. However battleships which simply represent the top surface combatant can provide control of a geographical area 24 hours a day and this is something aircraft could not do. This is the value of the battleship and all surface ships. I do not wish to over-emphasize the role battleships provided Vs the cruisers and destroyers, but as long as they are present the only force capable of destroying them was another battle fleet with its own battleships. Mahan was right.

This is what Nimitz understood. By staying forward deployed he put unremitting pressure on Japan. Knowing the only way to stop him is the Japanese fleet would need to concentrate itself and when it did he could crush it in mass with his larger and more powerful fleet. This is the Mahanian strategy. His fleet in principle was prepared. All he needed was for his admirals to carry out his plan and for the IJN to come out and play.

Вкратце: почему Нимитц [в 1942 г.] берёг свои старые линкоры, если они были такими старыми? А как вы заставите отступить толпу из 6-7 линкоров с силами сопровождения? Надводные корабли обеспечивают господство на море 24 часа в сутки. Не стоит преувеличивать значение ЛК в их сравнении с крейсерами и эсминцами, но, коль скоро они есть - единственной силой, способной их уничтожить, является линейный флот. Вот что придумал Нимитц. И единственное, что ему оставалось: ждать, что его адмиралы смогут привести план в исполнение [сиречь: не проспят японские ЛК из соединения Куриты:))]

Соображение интересное, но я не знаю, есть ли какие-либо документальные подтверждения идей, который Лундгрен приписывает Нимтцу.